Get tickets for Festival now
Log on to the Fall Harvest Festival website pronto to get the best selection of Salon tickets as well as festival tickets and numbered corks for the Wall of Wine (WOW) auction at the Village's Mini-Gala, the October 2 Fall Harvest Festival.
Click here or on the banner at the top of this page. Read more.
-- Christina Farnsworth
Raise a glass to Ris!
Raise a glass and toast Chef Ris Lacoste of RIS when we honor her October 2 with our first FBWE Village Torch Award for Community Spirit.
Ris, a strong supporter of the FBWE Village, is the honoree for our Fall Festival at St. Paul's Parish, 2430 K St NW, from 6 to 8 pm on Monday, Oct. 2. Buy tickets here.
She is the owner of RIS restaurant at 2275 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20037. Read more.
-- Christina Farnsworth
Attend Town Hall on social isolation
On Sept. 26 from 9 am to 12:30 pm, we will hold at public Town Hall at 2430 K St NW to discuss the results of our study of social isolation among members of several DC villages. This study was funded by the DC Office on Aging. Register for the event here.
-- Leigh Sempeles
We want your old clunker!
In my former nonprofit role at St. Vincent de Paul, a vehicle donation program was launched at the local and national level. It quickly became an excellent way for the community to donate to the organization and help us improve the lives of others.
So, when our new Treasurer, Bill Armistead, approached me about the idea of a car donation program for our Village, I immediately said, “let’s go for it” and Bill went to work. Read more.
Have fun with the Village
We have more than 230 events a year, ranging from exercise classes and educational programs to happy hours. Click on the picture at right to see your friends enjoying Village events. Put yourself in the picture by signing up for one of our upcoming events below.
Click to register
How to register for programs
Village programs and events will generally be announced only in the weekly Director's Notes, published by email on Mondays.
- To register, first make sure you are logged into your account on the Village website. From the listing at the end of each program invite, click on the link Click here to be directed to the Event Calendar for registration.
- Next, from the Event Calendar, click on the program you'd like to attend. You'll be transferred to the Registration Page. Then simply click the "REGISTER NOW" button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, click "COMPLETE REGISTRATION" (located at the top and bottom of the registration page).
- You will receive an event confirmation email. If you do not get this email, you are not registered. Please call the Village office at (202) 333-1327, and someone will be happy to help.
- For some programs, you will use a personal email to register. Just email the person listed and let them know you plan to attend.
All programs take place in St. Paul's Church, 2430 K Street NW, unless otherwise indicated.
Every week, we send out Director's Notes, a single email chock full of Village news and events. To participate, you really need to get this email as it's the only way most events are announced.
To sign up click here.
To see the past five newsletters,
Meet our Executive Director
We are pleased to announce that Leigh Sempeles joined the Village as our Executive Director in April of 2017. Leigh has more than 20 years of corporate experience in the legal online information industry and previously served as Executive Director of St. Vincent de Paul in Dayton, Ohio.
Village office hours
The Village has open office hours:
Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
The office is located at:
2430 K Street NW
We're here to help. Drop by or make an appointment.
:: Foggy Bottom West End Village: 2430 K Street, NW : Washington, DC 20037 : 202-333-1327 ::